Friday, November 11, 2011

Maybe I'm Not Crazy...

A quick post tonight, since it's been a long day and I'm ready for bed...

I make a lot of book recommendations to my family and no one ever, ever, listens to me.  But this week I finally got both my husband and my stepson to listen to me.  It's pretty much miraculous.  Don borrowed the audio book for The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins from the library and after he finished it he had to admit that it was really goof.  He even put the next in the series on hold!

Encouraged by Don's response, I recommended Marcus start it this week since he had some free time.  Since Marcus doesn't ever read, seriously EVER, I was flabbergasted one night when I discovered he hadn't in fact fallen asleep in his room doing homework....he was willingly reading!  If Suzanne Collins ever reads this, she should see that as some seriously high praise.

Needless to say, I'm pleased my recommendation has been well received, hopefully they'll start to listen to me more often!  (Hahahaha, that would be the day....)

No comments:

Post a Comment