Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Welcome

I have a younger sister and every time I post anything online about reading books she promptly calls me a dork.  She's correct.  I'm a giant dork.  I love to read, I've always loved to read and, as I've discovered lately, I like to talk about how much I like to read.  Hence my new blog, The Reading Dork.

For the past eight months I've been diligently writing a personal blog about my life, my family and what I'm reading.  And I've been reading a lot.  Since I now find myself in a crossroads of "what happens next" with my life, I thought I would take this opportunity to see just how far I can take my little reading hobby.

My goals, right now, include just a couple of things.  First, trying to make an online reading group.  I would really like to share books with people who are reading them with me, instead of just offering my thoughts and opinions.  I'd like some feedback!  I'd also like to set a goal of maybe 100 followers, either on the blog or on facebook.  After that, well, ultimately I'd like to figure out a way to make reading books my primary occupation.  Since that seems a bit daunting, I'd settle for just finding a way to get a free book sent my way every once in a while.  A girl's gotta have dreams, right?

So, thank you for taking the time to check out my blog.  And here's to setting goals for yourself!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment