Saturday, November 5, 2011

Audio Books Aren't My Thing....

As I general rule, I prefer to read books.  My husband, on the other hand, prefers to listen to books.  I know for him it's because he spends two hours a day in the car commuting to and from work, so that's the best time for him to squeeze in some literature, but for me, listening to books has always been a struggle.

Even when I was in school and someone would read aloud from a text book or any other kind of book, I always had to see the words in front of me before I could grasp what was going on.  My mind tends to wander away when I'm supposed to be listening, which makes it hard to follow any sort of storyline.

Today, on our 2 1/2 hour drive to Islesboro, Don wanted to listen to an audio book he picked up at the library.  Usually, I whine and moan and beg to listen to the radio, but he had gotten his hands on a copy of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, so I consented to listen without an arguement.  Since I read this series just a few months ago, it didn't matter if my mind wandered a bit or if I started to doze off.  And, fortunately, The Hunger Games was a really good book, so starting it all over again doesn't bother me a bit.  I just wished the narrator didn't sound quite so whiney....yuck!

As a side note, if you haven't read The Hunger Games you probably should.  It was really good, and really addicting.  Don't plan on getting anything accomplished until you have read all three books.  Just a piece of advice.....

No comments:

Post a Comment