Monday, November 7, 2011

I Seriously Love Series....

Last night I finally finished the third book of the Christopher Paolini Inheritance Series.  They're pretty good books, but they were time consuming!  I'm glad to be done so I can explore some other types of fiction while I wait for the next book in that series to be released.

As a general rule, I really enjoy long books and long series.  I love not having to end a story just because a book is over.  As a result, I've read a lot of series.  Harry Potter, Outlander, A Game of Thrones, Into the Wilderness, Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo....etc, etc, etc...  I can think of about a zillion series I've read, going back as far as The Little House on the Prairie series my mom read to me when I was a kid.

I know that a big part of my enjoyment comes from prolonging stories as long as possible, but I also know a part of it is my amazement that an author can write so much.  Not just one book about their characters but several books about their characters.  It's amazing!  Where does all that inspiration come from?

Someday I hope to have the opportunity to ask someone how they do it.  (Secretly I hope it's Diana Gabaldon, meeting her is on my bucket list...)  Maybe it's something I can figure out in my own writing...but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment