Tuesday, November 1, 2011

More Reading...More Blogging

Ok, if I'm going to do this book blog, I really feel like I need to buckle down and post some stuff.  Don't you think?  So, I've decided to set myself a goal, and participate in NaBloPoMo (aka National Blog Posting Month).  The goal is to post a blog every day for the month of November.

I have NO idea if I can do this, but I'm going to try.  If I claim to be a super book dork, I suppose I need to start acting like it.  Sooooo, for tonight let me say this:

We lost our power for the day on Sunday and, despite the chilly temperature and lack of showering, I enjoyed the opportunity to do nothing but READ for the entire day!  I was able to finish the Jennifer Donnelly book I had been DYING to read (awesome, I'll write more about it later!) and move on to the third book in Christopher Paolini's Inheritance series.  Needless to say, I felt like I got a lot accomplished...even if I still had a sink full of dirty dishes, mountains of laundry and dirt all over the house.  (You can't clean without power!!)  It's so nice to have a day when the only thing TO do is read.  In the future, I think I would like to figure out a way to do it and keep my electricity.  I'll have to work on that...

Tomorrow's goal will be updating on the books I've been reading and the last book in Jennifer Donnelly's "Rose" series.  I can do this...I can do this....

No comments:

Post a Comment