Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ending a Good Book

“You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.”
Paul Sweeney
 
I found this quote online today and I have to say, it pretty much sums up the way I feel at the end of every book I read.  There are very few books that I end in relief, happy to be finished with them.  More often than not, I find myself grumpy and irritated not because the book ended badly, but because the book ended, period.  It saddens me to say good bye to books and characters, especially at the end of series where I've grown attached.  It usually takes me a few days to mourn before I can allow myself to appreciate the book I just finished.
 
I think I'm going to need to form a support group when the last Diana Gabaldon book comes out in the Outlander series.  I don't think I'm ever going to be ready to say good bye to Jamie and Claire....

No comments:

Post a Comment