Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Miss You Books...

When I decided to start a book blog, it was partly because I was reading 2-3 books per week and I wanted an outlet to share what I was reading.  Ironically, since I started the book blog, I've barely been able to read a book every two weeks.  What happened??  Well, a large part of it has been the result of a lack of books.  I rely on the library for a lot of what I have been reading lately, and between unavailability of the books, and unavailability of my husband to get to the library for me, I've been struggling to get my hands on interesting reads.  That's not all though, it seems that life has been getting busier and finding time to read has been challenging.  Something always seems to come up the second I set aside a few moments to read.  And even now, as I stumble through yet another blog post, I'm using up precious minutes that could be spent reading.

For now though, I think I'm ok with the trade off.  Once things settle back down I'm sure I'll find time for my favorite hobby.  And in the meantime, I'm really enjoying the daily goal of writing a blog a day.  They may not be interesting or well written, but it's a daily accomplishment, and sometimes that's just what I need.

P.S.- I'm slowly muddling my way through The Sonnet Lover by Carol Goodman.  As soon as I get more than 50 pages into it, I'll give a report!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I absolutely LOVED that book. I read it several years ago. Have you ever read The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield? That's another one I recommend! :)

    ReplyDelete